Friday, March 12, 2010

KD Kids Challenge #1 - Recipe!

Shall we get this party started??

For our first challenge to share with your kids - we have a RECIPE challenge!

Your cards or projects should each include:

1 Karen's Doodle
2 Patterned Papers
3 Buttons or Brads
and something BLACK


Here are the rules
1. You must use a Karen's Doodles image for the challenge, but you can use additional stamps.
2. Your entry must be new art made for this challenge.
3. You must follow the announced challenge theme for that week.
4. Leave a link to your actual blog post entry for the challenge (not just to your blog) or to an online gallery.
5. You may enter the weekly challenge only once.
6. Feel free to combine our challenge with others - just make sure you follow our rules.
7. We reserve the right to remove
any entries that do not follow the rules.

As this is the first Grand Opening Challenge we have some very special prizes on offer which are :
1st Place - 1 digi stamp that YOU can design and get to name
and 2 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
2nd Place - 2 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
3rd Place - 1 Digi stamp of your choice from Karen's Doodles

Entries must be in by Friday, March 26th at 11pm and the winners will be chosen by random.org 

To give Moms and KIDS plenty of time to play, our challenges will run for 2 weeks! 

To inspire and awe you, we have some samples from our Design Team!

Carlie (11)
Jana (Carlie's Mom)
Emily (5)
Dee (Emily's Mom)
Dee (Emily's Mom)
I made 2 cards to share with you!


We can't wait to see what you and your KIDS create!  

Please add a direct link to your project using inlinkz below

Hugs!
Dee & Callie



19 comments:

Doodle Queen said...

Hi girls...I LOVE all of your cards :-) Wonderful job everyone :-)
Hugs, Karen :-)

shulsart said...

Congratulations everyone, wonderful cards. And Carlie, you did a fabulous job coloring the banner.

csroyal said...

Way to go, girls!! Awesome challenge and samples!!

Tami said...

Excited about the kids challenge. question. Are the Moms and kid entry to be two seperate entries or combined in one?

Annita said...

Design team you all did a FABULOUS job. off to color with my 7 year old.

Sprytebyrd said...

Tami - We would love to see a Mom card and a Kid card, but photographed together, so that you can win as a team would be great :)

I'm so glad to see all the excitement! I can't wait to see what you and your kids come up with!! Just have fun!!

Dee (Spryte)

jennruggeri75 said...

I am so excited!! What a fantastic idea!!!! Allison and I are already coming up with some cards...

coby said...

congrats everyone , the designs from the DT members looks great ;-)


greetz and hugs coby

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Succes girls! Looking good everything.

And..eh... is this also for aunties or neighbours??? :)

Doodle Queen said...

Ooooh Good point Renata. Yes, absolutely, Aunts and neighbors can team up with a child. Also, Grandmothers and their grandkids can enter too. As long it is limited to one child entry per challenge. A Mom can enter twice, once with each child. We want to include any child that wants to be creative. :-)

Linda van der Lans. said...

Oke I see that the mum also had to make a card?? Roos only make one so please answer my question. I didn't make the challenge.
I found a kids challenge blog very cool!!!!
Linda and Roos

Doodle Queen said...

Linda:
I think the way that people have entered so far is Great!. Some have let their kids enter cards and Tami and Ali entered together as a Mom and Daughter Team. As long as their is one post per child, that is fine. A Mom, Grandma or Aunt does not have to do a card also, only if they want to. What you entered with Roos is perfect :-)

Maria Therese said...

I'll try to get my sweetie to make a card, she usually like to make the card in her own way, and not sure how she is with recepies, but I bet she want to do this if only we find the things to use before she starts.

Linda van der Lans. said...

Okee i didn't get the recipe right I think. Do you have to use 3 buttons? Or is the third you need: brads or buttons?
Oke thanks again and also for the answer on my first question.
Linda

Marjo said...

This is awesome! My 8 year old grandchild told me she wants her own blog. I will get her set up so that she can create cards. She just started doing her own cards recently. For the last year she has mainly been doing scrapbook pages. She loves it. She will love doing challenges with other kids! Can't wait for the weekend to get her going. If I purchase the stamps, will I have to purchase twice? Afterall I will want to use them too. I hope we can share. Thanks, Marjo

Doodle Queen said...

Yes you can share your images with your children or Grandchildren :-)I encourage that kind of sharing. You can enter our challenge with either an image you purchase or a freebie image. Good Luck :-)
Hugs, Karen

Jaspere said...

It's so great that my 6 year old has a challenge that is just for her. She usually participates in my DT challenges. She was very excited to do this one.

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my gosh, my daughter is so excited about this. We just set up her own little blog today!!

Looking good everyone!

Marjo said...

Hi, again, I just purchased the mermaid and it has been over 1 hour and have not received a link to download. I did get a paypal receipt. How long does it normally take. Thanks, Marjo..No I don't want to join anymore sites just to receive freebies...thanks though, I want her to pick which ones she wants to use. Thanks, Marjo